I used these cute bow molds (found on Amazon) to make Minnie Mouse pops and Minnie Mouse Rice Krispies Treats for my daughter’s birthday and thought they would be cute to use to make gingerbread girls from Rice Krispies Treats. We happened to have a few Rice Krispies Treats in our pantry so it was a great way to use them. This is a pretty simple treat to make and little ones as well as adults are sure to enjoy them!
– Rice Krispies Treats squares – or – Ingredients needed for Rice Krispies Treats Original Recipe
– Gingerbread man cookie cutter
– Red, green, and candy cane melting chips (I found mine at Michaels)
– Bow mold
– Candy decorating bag with tip
– Wax paper
- You can either heat a bunch of Rice Krispies Treats squares in a baking dish in the microwave (and blend them together) or make a homemade batch of Rice Krispies Treats using the Original Recipe and press flat in a baking dish.
- Use a gingerbread man cookie cutter to cut gingerbread men from the batch of Rice Krispies in your baking dish.
3. Place the gingerbread men shapes onto a sheet of wax paper.
- Melt your melting chips and fill the bow molds with the melted candies. You may need to tap the molds to remove any air bubbles.
- Place the filled molds in the freezer for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the molds from the freezer and pop out each bow. I had to cut off some excess chocolate from around the bows after I removed them.
7. Place the bows on the gingerbread girl heads by using a small amount of the leftover melted candy as “glue” to hold the bows in place.
- Now you can decorate the gingerbread girls however you want. I used disposable candy decorating bags to draw a dress and buttons on each gingerbread girl with the melted chips.
- Once the gingerbread girls are dry, you are ready to eat them or save them in air-tight containers for later!
Feel free to post comments here or put a picture of your hat on my Facebook page!
**If you like what you see, feel free to pin, share, and link back to my site. Thank you for visiting!