Footprint Monster Thank-You Cards
I wanted to include my son in writing the thank-you cards for his first birthday party, so I thought it would be cute to make a “footprint monster” for the main design on the front of each card. I love footprint and handprint crafts! The cards turned out cute and were simple to make. Even though my son is too young to write his own thank-you notes, at least this was a fun way for him to participate and document how big his feet were at the time!
– White cardstock (one sheet makes two cards)
– Non-toxic ink pads (in the colors you want for the footprints)
– Black marker
– Cutting board – OR – ruler + scissors
- Cut the sheets of cardstock in half so you have 8.5”x5.5” sheets.
- Fold each 8.5”x5.5” sheet in half to make a card that is 4.25” by 5.5”.
- Place the bottom of your child’s foot on the ink pad and then press it in the center of the front of a card. Repeat this step for each card you are making.
- Use a black marker to draw eyes and a monster mouth onto each footprint. I used the large toe and the smallest toe for the two eyes and drew the mouth on the actual footprint.
- Use the black marker to write, “Thank You” on the front of the card.
- Write your thank-you note on the inside of the card.
- Distribute/mail the cards to their recipients.
- You may want to make an extra card to keep as a memento.