I hope everyone has a safe and happy Fourth of July! This is a little embarrassing to admit, but I planned to post these yarn-wrapped letters last year and never finished them in time. I just finished them today! It’s a good feeling because I hate having unfinished craft projects sitting around for a long time. These would be great to sit on a shelf or hang for a decoration. If you are a fan of the summer Olympics, you could make them to show your support. Below are my instructions to make them if you are interested. Feel free to embellish them any way you wish! You may also want to refer to my Christmas yarn-wrapped letters or Halloween yarn-wrapped letters for further instructions.
– Wood craft letters: U, S, A (I found mine at Wal-Mart)
– Hot glue gun/glue***
– Red sparkle yarn
– Blue sparkle yarn (I used Lion Brand Vanna’s Glamour yarn in Sapphire)
– White sparkle yarn
– Embellishments of your choice (I used glittery stars I found at Michaels)
***You will need a lot of glue for this! I did not expect to use as much glue as I did.
2. Wrap the letter S with white yarn. Use hot glue to help hold the yarn in place as you wrap. It may even help to cut small strips to fill in areas that are missed by wrapping.
3. Wrap the letter A with blue yarn. Use hot glue to help hold the yarn in place as you wrap. It may even help to cut small strips to fill in areas that are missed by wrapping. The A was a little tricky since it has a hole. I vertically wrapped the bottom to make it easier and then later went back over it by wrapping the yarn in a horizontal direction.
4. If you choose, add some embellishments to your letters. I used my hot glue gun to glue red, white, and blue glittery stars to my letters.
Share your yarn-wrapped letters here or on my facebook page! Do you have any unfinished craft projects that have been sitting around for a long time? Use this weekend to finish them and share your creations on one (or both) of my pages!
**If you like what you see, feel free to pin, share, and link back to my site. Thank you for visiting!