Minion Bib Pattern
I designed a Minion bib to go along with my Minion hat that I shared in my last post. I wanted the bib to resemble the overalls worn by the Minions. As promised, below is the pattern for the Minion bib! Enjoy!
MINION BIB PATTERN
Newborn – 3 months
– 5.5mm (I) hook
– Lion Brand Heartland worsted weight (4) yarn in Olympic (trim of hat)
– Black felt
– (2) 7/8” (22mm) 4-hole black buttons
– (1) 1” (28mm) 2-hole black button
– Black thread
– Sewing needle
– Tapestry needle
– ch = chain
– chs = chains
– sc = single crochet
– slst = slip stitch
– st = stitch
– sts = stitches
Row 1: Ch 26, sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across. (25 sc)
Rows 2-25: Ch 1, turn, sc in each st across. (25 sc)
Row 26: Ch 1, turn, sc in next 6 sts across. (6 sc)
Rows 27-35: Ch 1, turn, sc in next 6 sts across. (6 sc)
Row 36: Ch 1, turn, sc in next 6 sts, then ch 20. (6 sc, 20 ch)
Row 37: Sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch/st across (including the 6 sc from the beginning of Row 36). (25 sc)
Rows 38-42: Ch 1, turn, sc in each st across, at the end of Row 42, fasten off and weave in loose ends. (25 sc)
**Follow the directions below to add the strap on the other side of the bib.
Row 26 (on other side of bib): Attach yarn to the first st of Row 25. Ch 1, sc in next 6 sts across. (6 sc)
Rows 27-38: Ch 1, turn, sc in next 6 sts across. (6 sc)
*Row 39: Ch 1, turn, sc in first st, ch 4, sc in last st. (2 sc, 4 ch)
*Row 39 makes the button hole for the bib.
Row 40: Ch 1, turn, sc in first st, sc in each of next 4 chs, sc in last st. (6 sc)
Rows 41-42: Ch 1, turn, sc in each of next 6 sts across. At the end of Row 42, do not fasten off (continue with edging directions below. (6 sc)
Edging: Starting where you left off in Row 42, sc evenly around the entire perimeter of the bib to give it a neat outline. Once you have gone around the entire bib, join to first sc with a slst and fasten off, weaving in loose ends.
Row 1: Ch 7, sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across. (6 sc)
Row 2: Ch 1, turn, sc in each st across. (6 sc)
Row 3: Ch 1, turn, 2 sc in first st, sc in next 4 sts, 2 sc in last st. (8 sc)
Rows 4-5: Ch 1, turn, sc in each st across. (8 sc)
Row 6: Ch 1, turn, 2 sc in first st, sc in next 6 sts, 2 sc in last st. (10 sc)
Rows 7-8: Ch 1, turn, sc in each st across. (10 sc)
Row 9: Ch 1, turn, 2 sc in first st, sc in next 8 sts, 2 sc in last st. (12 sc)
Row 10: Ch 1, turn, sc in each st across, do not fasten off (continue with the edging directions below). (12 sc)
Edging: Sc evenly around the entire pocket to give it a neat outline. Once you have gone around the entire pocket, join to first sc with a slst and fasten off, leaving a long tail for sewing the pocket onto the bib.
In order to make the Gru symbol on the pocket of the bib, I drew it onto black felt. After cutting it out of the felt, I sewed it onto the bib pocket using black thread. If you perform a Google Image search for the Minion symbol (or Gru symbol) you may wish to resize the image so it fits on the pocket, print it out, cut it out, and trace it onto black felt if you aren’t up to hand-drawing it. As a hint, if you do trace it, trace it upside down on the black felt so the tracing lines end up on the back and don’t show on the front.
- Sew the Minion/Gru symbol (made of black felt) onto the center of the pocket using a sewing needle and black thread. Secure thread underneath the pocket before cutting the tail.
- Use a tapestry needle and your long tail you left on the pocket to sew the pocket to the center of the front of the bib. Only stitch around the sides and bottom of the pocket to the front, remembering to leave the top open to use as a “pocket”.
- Using denim blue yarn and a sewing needle, sew the two 7/8” black (four-hole) buttons on each side of the top of the bib where the buttons would sit for the Minion overalls.
- Using denim blue yarn and a sewing needle, sew the 1” black (two-hole) button on the right side of the top horizontal strip of the bib in the center. Make sure it lines up to the button hole on the right bib strap.
- Make sure all loose yarn/thread ends are woven in neatly on the backside of the bib and you are finished!
Don’t forget to make the Minion hat to match your bib!
***If you sell products using my patterns or mention my patterns please link back to my site. Please do not sell my patterns or claim them as your own.***
Feel free to post comments here or on my Facebook page!
**If you like what you see, feel free to pin, share, and link back to my site. Thank you for visiting!