Candy Corn Leg Warmers
Happy Halloween! It’s expected to be a rainy Halloween for us this year, so I decided to add a little color to my daughter’s costume by making some candy corn leg warmers. These leg warmers work up pretty quick, so if you know any little candy corn fans, they would make a perfect fall gift. I used my pattern from last year for the Witch Stocking Leg Warmers with a few minor adjustments. The pattern makes it easy to adjust the warmers however you need to make a custom fit by adding or subtracting chains at the very beginning. I will explain the changes I made below in case you are interested in making these cute candy corn warmers.
Changes to Witch Stocking Leg Warmer Pattern:
***I adjusted the pattern to fit my 7-year-old, so these should fit most 6 or 7 year olds. Of course, if you are making them for a younger/smaller, or older/bigger child, you will need to modify the pattern by decreasing or increasing the number of chains at the beginning of the pattern.
– I used Red Heart Super Saver Yarn in White, Pumpkin, and Bright Yellow- To accommodate my daughter’s growth, I started with a chain of 44 instead of 42 in Round 1. This made my total stitch count 44 hdc for Rounds 1 and 2 and 30 hdc for Round 3.
– Since I had 2 extra stitches in each round, Round 4 changed to: Ch 2, hdc in same st, hdc2tog, hdc in next 13 sts, hdc2tog, hdc in next 12 sts. So Round 4 had a total of 28 hdc stitches.
– Round 32 changed to: Ch 2, hdc in same st, 2 hdc in next st, hdc in next 13 sts, 2 hdc in next st, hdc in next 12 sts, join to first st of round with slst. (30 hdc)
– Rounds 33 and 34 each had a total of 44 hdc stitches.
– Rounds 1 – 8 were done in White yarn. I changed color to Orange at the end of Round 8.
– Rounds 9 – 24 were done in Orange yarn. I changed color to Yellow at the end of Round 24.
– Rounds 25 – 34 were done in Yellow yarn.
The pattern and photos of this item are the property of TheCrafterLife. This pattern and design are subject to copyright, and are for personal, non-commercial use only. You may not distribute, sell this pattern, or claim it as your own under any circumstances.