As promised, below is my crochet pattern for the sporty newborn booties that match my sporty newborn hat. I now offer these for sale in my Craft Bundles page!
SPORTY BOOTIES PATTERN
Fits most newborns
– 4.00 mm (G) hook
– 3.25 mm (D) hook
– Caron Simply Soft worsted weight (4) yarn in White
– Loops & Threads Impeccable worsted weight (4) yarn in Arbor Rose
– Tapestry needle for sewing and weaving in ends
– ch = chain
– chs = chains
– dc = double crochet
– hdc = half double crochet
– sc = single crochet
– sc2tog = single crochet 2 together (single crochet decrease)
– slst = slip stitch
– st = stitch
– sts = stitches
Follow my Baby Sneakers Crochet Pattern for the booties. Instead of navy blue yarn, this time I used a bright pink yarn (Arbor Rose). Feel free to use any color you wish. Then follow my pattern for the “X” embellishment below.
“X” Embellishment (Make 2 per bootie)
***Use a 3.25 crochet needle for the embellishment. I used white yarn.
Ch 2, hdc in 2nd ch from hook, ch 9, hdc in 2nd to last ch from the hook, fasten off, leaving long tail to sew onto the bootie.