As promised, below is my crochet pattern for the sporty newborn booties that match my sporty newborn hat. I now offer these for sale in my Craft Bundles page!
SPORTY BOOTIES PATTERN
Fits most newborns
– 4.00 mm (G) hook
– 3.25 mm (D) hook
– Caron Simply Soft worsted weight (4) yarn in White
– Loops & Threads Impeccable worsted weight (4) yarn in Arbor Rose
– Tapestry needle for sewing and weaving in ends
– ch = chain
– chs = chains
– dc = double crochet
– hdc = half double crochet
– sc = single crochet
– sc2tog = single crochet 2 together (single crochet decrease)
– slst = slip stitch
– st = stitch
– sts = stitches
Follow my Baby Sneakers Crochet Pattern for the booties. Instead of navy blue yarn, this time I used a bright pink yarn (Arbor Rose). Feel free to use any color you wish. Then follow my pattern for the “X” embellishment below.
“X” Embellishment (Make 2 per bootie)
***Use a 3.25 crochet needle for the embellishment. I used white yarn.
Ch 2, hdc in 2nd ch from hook, ch 9, hdc in 2nd to last ch from the hook, fasten off, leaving long tail to sew onto the bootie.
Lacing the Bootie
Lace the sneaker according to my directions for the Baby Sneakers Crochet Pattern.
Sewing the “X” Embellishment
- Determine the side of the shoe you want to be the outside and use a tapestry needle to sew each of the 2 embellishments you made onto that side of the shoe in the shape of an X.
- Sew the embellishments in the shape of an X on the opposite side of the other shoe so that the design will face the outside.
You can sew the sides of the toe to each side of the sneaker if you choose to do so. This will help to keep any baby toes from wiggling out in between the side of the sneaker and the toe piece.
***If you sell products using my patterns or mention my patterns please link back to my site. Please do not sell my patterns or claim them as your own.***
Feel free to post comments here or on my Facebook page!
**If you like what you see, feel free to pin, share, and link back to my site. Thank you for visiting!